Henrytown Lutheran Church is a congregation of about 200 strong, with a Sunday school enrollment of nearly 40 young believers in Christ. Henrytown also has an active WELCA; the women of the church give back to the congregation and to the community in many ways. For more than 50 years, Henrytown hosted an annual summertime Strawberry Festival, which was attended by some-1,000 people from near and far. We're proud to be part of the Southeastern Minnesota Synod of the ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America). As for our roots, our Norwegian Lutheran church was organized on January 22, 1870, with 26 families laying the foundation for our church. It was nine years later, on July 1, 1879, 70 families celebrated the dedication of our church building. It cost $3,500 and took just over a year to take shape. Norwegian was the language of the church until the 1920s. In addition to the adaptation of English, several physical improvements took place over the next 135 years - making Henrytown a beautiful and well-preserved country church for worship and fellowship. Pastor Dean Safe leads our rural Canton congregation, through a shared pastoral agreement with nearby Union Prairie Lutheran Church of rural Lanesboro. GO IN PEACE AND SERVE THE LORD. THANKS BE TO GOD! PLEASE NOTE: Our mailing address and street address are different. MAIL: P.O. Box 103, Canton, Minnesota 55922 STREET: 36190 County 18, Canton, Minnesota 55922
Join us Sunday mornings for our 10:30 a.m. worship services. Sunday school is at 9 a.m. All are welcome at Henrytown Lutheran Church!