Please visit our website for a complete list of our hours of operation. Gervasi Vineyard (pronounced Jer-vah-zee) was founded in 2008 by Ted Swaldo, his wife Linda and their two children Scott Swaldo and Christi Blackerby. This 55 acre plot of land is the last remaining parcel of land that is zoned agricultural within the city limits of Canton, Ohio. In 2008, the former owner of this land decided it was time to sell. At the time, the land was a semi-retired tree farm call Jabberwocky. A family friend, Sandy Prentice, knew that his sister, the property owner, was ready to sell Jabberwocky. A deal was struck on a paper napkin over cups of coffee in the original farmhouse that was built in 1830, and the rest is history. The name Gervasi is Mr. Swaldo’s mother’s maiden last name. Mr. Swaldo thought it a fitting way to honor his northern Italian heritage and his family name. Renovation and construction on the barn (pictured above) which would become The Bistro, began in the spring of 2009. We also restored The Marketplace building which originally was a summer cottage with no electricity or running water. Our original wine making facility was in the lower level of The Bistro. We nervously opened our door for business on March 16th 2010. That is a night we will never forget. We ran out of wine glasses... We look back on that embarrassing moment, as a good omen and a sure sign of our community’s support. Over the next few years, we experienced rapid growth with the additions of several buildings. We added The Carriage House, which stores vineyard and lawn equipment and also serves as a climate controlled bonded warehouse. The Carriage House has been expanded. The Pavilion was built and has been expanded three times. The Farmhouse was restored and ultimately became a part of our hotel operations. The Farmhouse sleeps 8 and is ideal for families, weddings, and corporate stays and events. We built The Villas, The Villa Grande and The Crush House in 2014 and 2015. Our next chapter began last month, March 2018 with the announcement of The Casa and The Still House. The Casa will add an additional 24 luxury suites to the existing 24 Villa suites in a separate building located next to the south vineyard. Also in that area, The Still House will house a state of the art distillery, producing Gervasi spirits, a coffee bar and welcome center to serve all of Gervasi Vineyard. We are forever grateful for our customers continued support. Without them, our continued growth would not be possible. We hope you can visit us soon and celebrate life with Gervasi Vineyard! For more information, detailed hours of operation, information on weddings and private events, please visit our website at http://www.gervasivineyard.com/ or call 330-497-1000. Grazie!
Please visit https://www.gervasivineyard.com/contact for a complete list of hours of operation. The Crush House and The Still House are OPEN on Mondays! Grazie!
Monday: 07:00 - 20:30