Our History The First Baptist Church of New Port Richey, Florida, held its first service on January 1, 1921 at 3:00 p.m. Rev. A.E. Gammage, Pastor of Elfers Baptist Church, began holding services in the meeting hall of the Snell Building located at the southeast corner of Adams and East Main Street. The success of the preaching services and a Sunday School led to the organization of the First Baptist Church of New Port Richey. The church was constituted July 29,1921, only six months after its first service. Circle Blvd. in 1921 Growth ensued. On August 5, 1924 a lot at the corner of Circle Blvd. and Central Ave. was purchased. Construction began, and a service for the laying of the cornerstone was held on May 30, 1926. The new building opened for services for the first time on Sunday morning, July 4, 1926. The building seated approximately 200 people. By March 27,1927 there were over 100 church members and 147 enrolled in Sunday School. On February 21, 1960 the first unit of the education building was dedicated. First Baptist Church 1926-1978 The second unit was completed in 1967. Five pieces of property adjacent to the original site were purchased between years 1956-1969. Demolition of 1926 Auditorium In 1977 the church united in their desire for a new auditorium and larger building. A $600,000.00 loan was negotiated. "Together We Build" was adopted and pledges were made. By the time of the "Kick-off Banquet", pledges had already surpassed the "Together We Build" goal. Groundbreaking was July 30, 1978. The first worship in the present auditorium was October 28, 1979. Original plans for the new auditorium called for the balcony and certain other areas to remain unfinished. However, the church decided to secure a loan and to complete the entire building at once. Their foresight was inspired. Both the auditorium and balcony were filled at the dedication service.
| Official Facebook Page of First Baptist Church of New Port Richey
Monday: 08:30 - 17:00