Glenville Church grew from a house church led by Elder Ezekiel Moore on 10705 Earle Avenue in the Glenville neighborhood in 1946. In 1952, the church moved its services from Elder Moore’s home to the former Standard Hall on the corner of East 105th Street and Saint Clair Avenue. In 1955, the congregation moved to a church building on its present site of 9009 Wade Park Avenue. In 1973, the church completed construction of its present facility on the same site. Glenville Church can be characterized by the following statements: • Glenville Church is an evangelical, Bible believing and Bible teaching church (2 Timothy 3:16, 17). • Glenville Church is a Christ centered fellowship that welcomes people of every race and socio-economic background (Acts 4:12; 10:34, 35). • Glenville Church is a Spirit directed and enabled church, living in the power of the Holy Spirit and operating through the exercise of spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:1-31). • Glenville Church is a holiness church that believes we are to be sanctified in habits; moral in character; godly in behavior and victorious over sin in lifestyle (1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 2 Corinthians 7:1). • Glenville Church is an evangelistic church where members have had a personal faith-encounter with Jesus Christ; sharing their faith, love and lives to bring others to the Lord (John 3:3, 16; Matthew 28:19, 20; John 13:34, 35). • Glenville church is a giving and tithing church, giving of our financial blessings in worship to God and in ministry to the needs of people in our community (Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:10). • Glenville Church is an expectant church, looking for the return of Jesus Christ; and joyfully praising and serving Christ in the here and now (1 Thessalonians 5:16-23). Glenville Church is a part of the Church of Christ Holiness U.S.A. (COCHUSA), which has churches across the continental United States; in the Dominican Republic and Haiti, and in Liberia, West Africa. COCHUSA in the continental United States is divided into eight Dioceses: the South Central; the Eastern; the Northern; the South Western; the South Eastern; the North Central; the Western; and the Pacific Northwest. The Dioceses are made up of regional Districts, which in turn are made up of local churches. Throughout the year, COCHUSA meets in various National, Diocese and District conventions, conferences, retreats and seminars for fellowship, training and the conducting of denominational business. Glenville Church is shepherded by Pastor Kevin D. Golden, a respected preacher and teacher throughout the city of Cleveland and COCHUSA. He wears several hats in the denomination, serving previously as the National Coordinator of Operation Giveback and currently as the Assistant Chairman for the Michigan-Ohio District and the President of the Northern Diocese Congress. His wife, First Lady Beverly Golden, is a veteran minister of music and church administrator, and she currently serves as the Director of Music & Fine Arts for Glenville Church and the National Minister of Music for COCHUSA. Together, they are awesome counselors and spiritual parents to many.
A Family Church with a Global Mission!